MERCHANDISE HANDLER - 1ST SHIFT
Company: True Value
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Merchandise Handler performs a variety of distribution
activities to receive, sort, store, distribute and manage the flow
of product in a warehouse environment. - Scheduled Days: - - Monday
through Friday - - - Starting Times:
-5:00am/5:30am/6:00am/7:00am/8:00am Hourly Rate: - $18.25 to $25.50
per hour *** based on skills and previous experience Benefits:
-True Value Company offers a competitive, total benefits package
that acknowledges and rewards your contribution and performance.
That's why we provide so many ways to help you be your healthiest
self, physically, emotionally and financially. The benefits package
include: medical, prescription drug, dental care, 401K (4%
matching), holiday and paid time off, life insurance, short-term
and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program and
employee discounts. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
** You may be eligible for pay increases after 4, 8, and 12 months
** Essential Functions / Responsibilities (May perform other duties
and responsibilities, as assigned).
- Unloads merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product,
checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Stacks and loads cartons and other containers for outbound
shipment; stocks shelves with goods received.
- Maintains and verifies records of goods received or shipped to
facilitate the flow of merchandise through the distribution center.
- Operates material handling equipment safely and efficiently to
move merchandise; utilizes small hand tools, pallet handlers and
- Select and pick product for shipment from computerized store
order requests, matching inventory to order numbers.
- Prepares merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machine or
- Uses mobile handheld or hands-free RF devices to scan and track
- NOTE: - amount of time worked at each task varies, as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of experience, preferably in Distribution, Warehouse,
Supply Chain, or similar industry.
- Committed to adhering to all safety processes and protocols.
- Must have the ability to do simple mathematical calculations to
ensure accuracy of counts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions, and
discern moving objects and warning signals.
- Ability to meet qualitative and/or quantitative productivity
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with Company policy and the ADA. Licenses & Certifications:
- Ability to be trained and licensed/certified by True Value
Company to operate material handling equipment. Physical
- Standing and Walking 8 or more hours per day, walking 5 to 10
miles a day
- Occasional lifting and lowering of 50-85lbs
- Frequent / repetitive lifting and lowering of 20-50lbs
- Balancing, Stair Climbing, Crouching, Bending, Twisting,
Kneeling, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Stooping, Visual
- Able to work all overtime hours. -
- Normal physical agility, which includes the ability to maneuver
body while in place. - -
- Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from
place-to-place on the job taking distances and speed into account.
- Able to work with hands and fingers, typing, holding, grasping,
and turning. Normal endurance to complete the essential functions
of the position. Work Environment:
- Generally, works in distribution warehouse environment and may
be exposed to heat, cold and may work indoors and/or outdoors. -
May be exposed to chemicals that are routinely present in the
Company's warehouse facilities.
- The work is typically active and physical in nature and
requires normal accessibility to all work sites required of the
position. The position may require extended hours, nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Wears personal protective equipment such as safety shoes,
safety vests/Hi-Viz clothing, as required. Reasonable
Accommodation: True Value is committed to providing access and
equal opportunity to all qualified individuals, with respect to
employment. In keeping with this commitment, True Value will
provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodation(s), as
required under applicable law. To qualify for Merchandise Handler,
an individual must be able to perform all the essential functions
of the job-with or without a reasonable accommodation-without
creating a direct threat to the individual's safety or the safety
of others. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, True
Value reserves the right to deny an accommodation request if it
creates an undue hardship on the Company. For more information
about the Company's Reasonable Accommodation Policy or to initiate
a request for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources. -
True Value retains the exclusive right to change, add, or remove
the essential job duties and/or essential functions of this
Keywords: True Value, Woodland , MERCHANDISE HANDLER - 1ST SHIFT, Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...