O & M Technician IV (Control Room Operator)
Company: DTE Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies.
Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and
Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's
largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner,
healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving
communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer
renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy
services to industries in 19 states. But we're more than a leading
energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At
DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use
our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our
communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that
welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences , and values
everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make
that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can
achieve great things.
LOCATION: Woodland, CA
The person holding this position is responsible during his/her
shift for all personnel and equipment involved in the safe and
efficient production of steam and electricity. He or she leads in
the coordination, monitoring and controlling all on-shift
operations. As the senior individual on duty, he or she has the
responsibility and authority to take whatever action may be
necessary to protect people, environment and equipment. The pay
rate for this position is $41.00 - $45.00 per hour.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the position include:
- Ensures that all site safety and environmental requirements and
procedures are followed and takes corrective actions as
- Assists the Operations Supervisor to plan, direct and perform
housekeeping duties. Ensures housekeeping standards are maintained
or initiates corrective action, as required.
- Oversees all station operations, including startup, shutdown,
inspection, routine chemical testing, all switching and tagging,
equipment trouble-shooting, writes, reviews, and revises operating
and related procedures.
- Assists the Operations Supervisor in maintaining administrative
documents, generating reports and initiates action to replenish
- Provides feedback to the Operations Supervisor regarding the
technical and administrative conduct of shift operations.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the planned
daily operations schedule.
- Assists in the orientation, training, development of O&M
Technicians to assure high work quality.
- Assists the Operation Supervisor in the planning of routine
preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment.
Supports corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment.
- Communicates with other company personnel on-site and at other
locations. Represents the company in dealing with the public, steam
and power customers, vendors, contractors, regulators, and other
- Maximizes plant efficiency and shareholder value without
compromising personnel and equipment safety, environmental
compliance or the long-term commercial viability of the
- Available for scheduled and unscheduled shift coverage,
performs tasks that require physical exertion and is expected to
respond to off-hour call-ins when contacted by phone or company
furnished pager or cell phone.
- Establishes and maintains high personal and professional
standards of safety and environmental conscientiousness and
- Supports all departments and performs other duties necessary to
fulfill plant requirements.
- This position is defined by, but not limited to, this list of
duties and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required qualifications include:
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
and perform mathematical calculations. High school or vocational
school diploma preferred. Technical training and demonstrated
ability to perform successfully in similar work environments
- Three (3) years of power plant experience in operations and
maintenance, including experience as a qualified O&M Tech
- Knowledge of power plant safety policies and procedures,
especially in the areas of high-energy systems, chemical handling,
heavy equipment, rotating machinery, confined spaces, incipient
fire suppression, and first aid.
- Basic knowledge of or ability to understand fundamental
principles related to physics, mathematics, AC and DC electrical
theory, chemistry, water treatment process, thermal dynamics, heat
transfer and fluid flow.
- Knowledge of and experience in at least four (4) of the
following skill areas: pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging,
rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, piping
schematics, mechanical drawings, electrical theory, electrical
safety, vibration analysis, electrical test equipment, basic
electrical trouble-shooting, and high- and low-voltage systems,
equipment and components.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding operation of valves, switches,
controls, keyboards and other devices associated with power
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems.
- Ability to comprehend and apply technical information,
including mechanical and electrical drawings (such as blueprints,
P&IDs, single-line diagrams and schematics) to problem-solving
situations and trouble-shooting.
- Ability to locate, trouble-shoot, and adjust defects in
mechanical equipment and/or maintain, install, modify and
trouble-shoot plant electrical systems and equipment without
"tripping" equipment (with supervision, if necessary).
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work on technical
subjects with others across job families and with outside
- Operating and maintenance experience with various analytical
and test equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and prior hands-on operational
experience relating to instrumentation and control systems used in
modern power stations, including burner management, combustion
control, boiler controls, turbine controls, machine condition
monitoring and continuous emissions monitoring (CEMS).
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and prior hands-on operational
experience relating to electrical systems used in modern power
stations, including 13.8KV switchgear and motors, 4160-volt
switchgear and motors, 480-volt motors and control centers,
transformers, batteries, inverters and chargers, main generator and
- Outstanding skill in leadership and interpersonal
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must
be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
To properly perform the integral functions of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand or walk and sit.
Frequently, the employee is required to climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch or occasionally, crawl. It is crucial to the outcome
of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and constantly reach with hands and
The employee in this classification will be required to lift
objects of up to 50 pounds in weight. Carry objects of up to 35
pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to push or
pull objects 70 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid
conditions, and extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally
exposed to fumes and frequently exposed to airborne particles and
vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to mechanical and
electrical hazards. The noise level in the work environment is
moderate to loud.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace
where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek
individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our
communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DTE Energy and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates
("the Company"), are committed to protecting the privacy and
security of personal information of all individuals including job
applicants. The Company collects personal information of job
applicants in connection with its recruitment and hiring
activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this
personal information for monetary consideration or a business
purpose to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer
Privacy Act (CCPA) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy
and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires
employees. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice
in an alternative format by contacting:
What Categories of Job Applicant Information Do We Collect and How
Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the
purposes described below:
- Name and contact information;
- Last four digits of Social Security Number;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority,
veteran, and disability status;
- Work history, including job title, dates of employment, duties,
experience, and skills;
- Reference and background information, including relationship to
Company employees or contractors, prior employment by the Company;
and background check information;
- Post-offer information and results, including Social Security
Number and date of birth;
- Education history, including schools attended, degrees and
certifications earned; and
- Resume and other information provided by you during the hiring
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified
applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy
personal information, please contact: Careers@dteenergy.com
Keywords: DTE Energy, Woodland , O & M Technician IV (Control Room Operator), Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!