Company: Sakata Seed America, Inc.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning activities for the
Production Department which include the analysis of marketable
yield, production costs, and seed quality. Responsible for creating
the crop production supply plan which includes field
sowing/transplanting and recipe information. Reviews the field
estimates for each production area to monitor and report if a
backup production is needed due to a crop status change.
Responsible for planning using MRP system. Works with Production
Planning Manager, Stockseed Manager, and Stockseed Coordinator to
ensure timely shipments of all Stockseed for all crops
assigned.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:Other duties may be
- Analyze and develop the production plan for assigned species
according to sales demand while respecting profitability &
- Responsible for short-term and long-term planning and
forecasting; utilizing MRP, BI, and other analytical tools and
- Works closely with Finance to review production cost
projections for current crop placements.
- Review production estimates for assigned species, providing
counter production options as needed for low estimates or crop
- Monitors the lot quality through grower payment and marketable
seed release, provides root cause analysis for quality issues that
are suspected from the production field.
- Responsible for the Crop Business Plan for assigned species,
which involves a high level view of production strategy, history,
- Works cross-functionally with Breeders, Stockseed Manager, and
Product Managers to provide input on stockseed and foundation seed
- Distribution of Crop Release Worksheets to all growing
locations for commercial and stockseed crop plans for assigned
- Assists in allocating lots to production plans for assigned
species with approval of Stockseed Manager to ensure quantity and
quality is acceptable for planned productions.
- Communicates quality tests needed for Purchased seed with
- Responsible to ensure the stock seed lots have proper disease
test results and seed has been treated according to production
location requirements. Ensure that all lot quality is communicated
to greenhouse and/or production location.
- Responsible for stock seed shipments to the greenhouse or
production area for assigned species, ensuring they are shipped on
- Maintains GSPR (Global Stockseed Product Review) for assigned
- Participates and contributes in group projects across multiple
teams according to role/scope.
- Responsible for global yield reporting for both commercial and
stockseed productions for assigned species and other global reports
and develops presentations as assigned.
- Responsible for UAT testing for D365 process improvement
projects for the planning team.
- Responsible for BOM setup and maintenance in D365 for assigned
- Works with Field Agronomists and Species Specialists
(A-Segments) to ensure recipes are up to date.Communication:
- Effectively participates with professionalism in collaborative
meetings among multiple levels of internal stakeholders (peers,
colleagues, middle and upper management).
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to understand
market, sales and supply trends to anticipate, prepare and develop
a strategy to build and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Communicates crop plan with all production areas (domestic and
international) for assigned species and updates areas as needed
with changes to the production plan.
- Communicates with Inventory Technician and Seed Enhancement to
ensure timely delivery of production orders and assist if any
changes need to be made to the schedule or production
- Works with functional managers and leadership team to identify
and prioritize bottlenecks and constraints for continual process
- Adapts to changes in the organization with resourcefulness and
strives to increase productivity and improve standards.
- Identify gaps in processes/strategies, proposes corrective
actions, takes calculated risks and executes action plan.REQUIRED
- Must have experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP)
systems and basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Ability to give presentations and speak effectively before
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and
effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Familiarity with basic standard operating procedures (SOP's)
and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary
projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and
- Must have excellent communication skills (i.e. PowerPoint,
oral, and written), interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, problem
solving/decision making, teamwork and planning/organizing
- BA in business administration, agriculture or related field
highly desired or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years planning experience in production, inventory,
planning or related area required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a seed production or
logistics environment highly desired.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of
- Must be able to travel to production fields and other locations
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Keywords: Sakata Seed America, Inc., Woodland , Production Planner, Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!