Company: Corteva, Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
!!NOW OFFERING $750.00 sign on bonus!!
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Production Technician to join our
team at the Woodland, CA production facility. Our Woodland team
grows, processes, packages, and ships hybrid sunflower seeds for
our European and North American markets. Our tasks vary through the
year following the agriculture cycle, so you will never get bored.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in progressing in
our organization to leader roles, take initiative, love to learn,
work hard, and have a stable work history. Candidates from all
industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
The Woodland production location runs various production schedules
during peak season, August through March each year. This includes
but is not limited to the following:
* 24/7 operations, running 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts utilizing four
* 24/6 operations, running 8 hour shifts utilizing three teams.
* During off-season, the site typically runs an 8-hour day shift
schedule with occasional overtime when needed.
Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship
available for this position.
Let's peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future
* Enjoy competitive wages based on qualifications, education, and
* Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits;
new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent
paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
* Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings
plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
* Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your
VERY FIRST day of employment.
* And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to
* Perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant
operations, warehousing, and field activities that will evolve with
each season throughout the year.
* Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, drying,
* Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation,
packaging, palletizing, etc.
* Return and rework activities.
* Field management activities such as planting, isolation, rouging,
* Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting
samples, pooling, etc.
* Data collection for continuous improvement projects.
* Provide production support.
* Perform preventative maintenance.
* Various other duties as assigned.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
* You love having variety in your work, working hard and staying
* You want to work somewhere where you can make a difference in the
* Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you
and you're looking for a company like Corteva where you have the
opportunity to do just that!
* You have your High School Diploma/GED OR are willing and able to
obtain your GED within 6 months of hire as a condition of
* You are solutions focused. When you see a problem, you look for a
way to fix it.
* You have experience with computers and mobile devices.
* You have a valid US driver's license, so you will be able to
drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed.
* You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will
eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and
work safety standards.
* Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love
to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team
and work hard!
* You always are willing to help out and physical work isn't a
problem for you---Passing by a team member struggling to lift
something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able
to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
* You understand that the company's viability and performance is
directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to
work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet
business needs during peak season.
It Would Be Great If You Have:
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous
Improvement and Standardized Work.
* Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant
* Forklift operation experience.
* Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel experience.
* SAP/ERP experience.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek
applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most
creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity
Corteva Agriscience--- is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity,
and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the
performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or
any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and
retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be
tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or
apply for a position, please visit:
* Accessibility Page for Contact Information
* For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited
third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Corteva, Inc., Woodland , Production Technician, Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!