Apprentice Instrument Controls Technician
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Posted on: February 19, 2021
- General Information
- Job Title:
- Apprentice Instrument Controls Technician
- 1376 Lemen Avenue
- Woodland, CA, 95776
- United States
- Base Pay:
- $25.00 / Hour
- Employee Type:
- Job Category:
- Craft Worker
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 Years
- Our CompanyPacific Coast Producers or "PCP" is an agricultural
cooperative, and a food production company owned by California
growers. We make healthy and flavorful products for families around
the world to enjoy. Our Woodland facility maintains production
lines for canning various tomato products for customer delivery and
satisfaction. Each PCP facility utilizes complex technology and
equipment that require skilled, talented, and motivated personnel
to function properly. Applicants should possess a fundamental
understanding of instruments, controls, PLC/HMI programming,
electrical circuits, and related equipment, which may be evaluated
by passing assessments. Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting, calibration and installation of our pneumatic
and electro-mechanical components, programmable logic controllers,
printers, level and temperature devices, control valves, chart
recorders and similar components, and other technology and
- Assist in complex troubleshooting and control strategy.
- Read blueprints, charts, sketches and operating instructions
and proceed accordingly.
- Keep maintenance records. Obtain and maintain an adequate
supply of parts.
- Responsible for work and layout, requisitioning necessary
- Observe, support and enforce all regulatory standards; Company
safety and food safety, quality initiatives and standards including
housekeeping of personal storage areas and tool box.
- These are full-time, bargaining unit (union) positions
requiring work on various shifts with potential for a great deal of
overtime in the summer months. Individuals will perform
maintenance, repair, design and/or modification of the plant's
control network and control/electrical systems. Positions will
gradually assume responsibility under a head technician or
supervisor for the efficient operation, maintenance, repair, and
safety of all plant instruments, controls, PLC/HMI programming;
electrical circuits, plant floor networking, and related
- Pacific Coast Producers, one of the nation's top food
production companies, is seeking to fill an Apprentice Instrument
Controls Technician position with a highly capable individual. The
position is based in a fast-pace, high volume production facility
in Woodland, CA.
- Satisfactorily completed a two-year program relative to this
field (instrumentation/controls); or
- Comparable work experience, plus one year of formal training in
this area; and
- Must possess a fundamental understanding of instruments,
controls, PLC/HMI programming, electrical circuits, and related
equipment, which may be evaluated by passing assessments.
- PLC and HMI troubleshooting skills; including a minimum of
minor logic editing skills.
- Understanding of plant floor hardware and software, as well as
networking and domain structure admin.
- Knowledge of SQL server development and administration.
- Process control systems trouble shooting skills.
- AutoCAD experience for creating electrical drawings.
- Ability to work independently, performing related maintenance,
repair, planning, and design.
- Proficient at interpreting and developing electrical one line
and logic schematics, along with P&ID drawings, and process
- Come Work with Us!Pacific Coast Producers offers equal
employment opportunity to all applicants including females,
minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected
- Join our legacy of talented people working together to provide
the highest level of customer service. PCP employees can earn
competitive pay, along with terrific benefit plans such as
affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance. Retirement
savings plans, including a defined-benefit pension plan is also
provided to eligible employees.
Keywords: Pacific Coast Producers, Woodland , Apprentice Instrument Controls Technician, Professions , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!