Store Protection Specialist
Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger At Ross and dds, inclusion is a way of life. We care about
our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their
differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an
inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:This position provides a visible
presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud
and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and
Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all
Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring
opportunity for theft by demonstrating "command" presence in a
Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code
50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and
address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store
Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance
with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational
shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to
protect the Ross treasure.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Maintaining Safe &
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store
Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both
Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible "command" presence, including prominent
greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales
floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring
for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
exits.Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting
Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a
friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May
include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating
Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention
initiatives.Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
dress code.Mitigating Theft & Fraud:
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential
theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external
intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to
Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity
by minimizing steps and touches while working.Minimizing
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize
operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with
the Store team.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state
laws and regulations for security positions, including but not
limited to, additional background screening, physical examination,
fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.PHYSICAL
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from
one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and
duration will vary per daily business need).
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
skills.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneDISCLAIMERThis job
description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities
of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive
or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents
are subject to change at management's discretion.Ross is an equal
employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for
employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and
experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the
Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong,
talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race,
color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical,
mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military
status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical
condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic
information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Woodland , Store Protection Specialist, Other , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!