Certified Tumor Registrar, Work From Home
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Position Overview:The Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) supports
the Sutter Health Valley Area (SHVA) Oncology Service Line by
gathering, reviewing and maintaining appropriate and accurate
documentation of all cancer patients diagnosed and treated at
Sutter Health affiliates.Principal Accountabilities:
- The Certified Tumor Registrar performs abstracting, and quality
control of all reportable neoplasm's, according to local, state,
and national guidelines.
- Complete abstracts (case summaries) that are submitted to the
California Cancer Registry of Greater California (CRGC) and
National Cancer Data Base.
- Assist in special projects, such as quality review of cancer
cases and program alignment with national benchmarks.
- Participate in carrying out the Cancer Registry Quality Control
Plan of the Cancer Program. -
- Maintains and produces reports from publicly reportable data
sites associated with The American College of Surgeons Commission
on Cancer and the National Accreditation of Breast Programs. -
- Coordinates tumor boards, including collecting imaging and
pathology for cases scheduled to be presented, and maintain AV
equipment for meetings.
- The CTR attends, actively participates and may take minutes at
Cancer Committee and BPL meetings.
- The Certified Tumor Registrar is self-directed in planning and
organizing work activities, and maintains professional
relationships with physician and hospital staff.
- The Certified Tumor Registrar reports directly to the SHVA
Registry Supervisor.Qualifications:EDUCATION / LICENSURE /
- Associate's Degree, -OR
- 60 College Credits, -including completion of medical
terminology and two college-level courses in anatomy and
- Eqvuivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) -required.
- Valid / Current -Driver's License.EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum -of -three -years -recent -experience -in -an
-ACoS-accredited -hospital -cancer -registry -required.
- Experience -with -the -CNExT -cancer -registry -software -and
-EPIC -Electronic -Health -Record -required.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of ICD-O coding, American College of Surgeons
Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) Manual, SEER
Multiple Primary & Histology manual, and the American Joint
Committee on Cancer's (AJCC) TNM staging schemas -required.
- Familiarity with oncology treatment guidelines, practices, and
- Knowledge of database software preferred.
- Knowledge of document tracking systems, merging data, and
database management preferred
- Phone courtesy techniques, ability to be flexible in work
habits and environment, and ability to handle confidential
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical staff at all
levels.Organization:Sutter Valley HospitalEmployee Status:
RegularBenefits: YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptUnion: NoJob Shift:
DayShift Hours:8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week
Scheduled:Monday-FridayWeekend Requirements: OtherSchedule: Full
TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80Applications Accepted:All Applications
AcceptedSchedule/Shift: Full Time/ Day
Keywords: Sutter Health, Woodland , Certified Tumor Registrar, Work From Home, Other , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!