Equal Opportunity Employer:
Join us for a "Drive-Up" WM Career Day!
We Are Turning Jobs Into Stable Careers
Apply Today to Reserve Your Interview Spot or Drive-Up Without
CLICK ON THIS LINK to Schedule an Interview: SACRAMENTO- DRIVE
Waste Management / Sacramento Recycling and Transfer Station
8491 Fruitridge Rd., Sacramento, CA 95826
Event Date & Hours:
Saturday, May 22, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- WM is accepting Drive-Up Interviews during these dates &
Please expect to follow COVID protocol.
Please stay in your vehicle and have a mobile phone
Interviews will be conducted from your vehicle.
What is the Value of a WM Career?
The value of a WM Career is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and
We are People First: We foster an environment where all
teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform
essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k
with Match, Discounted Stock Options, Dependent Day Care, and More!
Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance
services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and
equipment. Works on equipment that requires a high level of skill
using modern maintenance practices and technology. Provides
superior maintenance on, both, diesel equipment and CNG trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written
instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical,
hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and
requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate
/ OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant
must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities, Required or
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a technician or
mechanic, preferably, on heavy trucks and/or heavy equipment
- Desired: Minimum of 2 years of experience with repair of
electrical and hydraulics
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
75 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a
competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a
Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
About WM: Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the
leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services
in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of
operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM
serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial,
industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a
network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills,
recycling facilities and waste-based energy production
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking
for, please click "Apply."