ASSETs Youth and Engagement Specialist
Company: Empower Yolo
Posted on: January 8, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Youth and Parent Engagement
SpecialistPosition Type: Full-TimeReports To: Director of Youth
Programs/ASSETsPay: $15 per hour with benefitsApplication deadline:
Open until Wednesday December 16, 2020 at 12:00PM (PST)ASSETs
(After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens) program partners
with schools and communitiesto provide academic support and safe,
constructive alternatives for high school students. More than
justan after-school program, Woodland ASSETs team empowers youth to
achieve academic and lifelongsuccess. We work collaboratively with
families, schools, and community partners to offer
after-schoolprograms and services that support the academic,
social-emotional, and professional development of ourstudents. We
also provide family literacy services to parents and guardians of
the students we serve.The Youth and Parent Engagement Specialist
plays a critical role in the success of ASSETs. The Youth andParent
Engagement Specialist is responsible for engaging youth and their
families in ASSETs programs.They develop and deliver youth
programming and parent/guardian engagement workshops and
servicesfor the ASSETs programs at Woodland High School and Pioneer
High School. In addition, this position willbe responsible for
providing support to English language learners and their
families.Position Responsibilities Student Success Planning and
Monitoring: Monitor student participants' course grades, GPA,
andacademic progress. Coordinate interventions as needed and
co-develop plans with students forimproving academic achievement
and success. Support student participants in exploring
highereducation options and navigating the application and
transition process. Attend professionaldevelopment as
- Youth Development & Engagement: Under the direction of Site
Coordinator/s and Director ofYouth Programs, develop and deliver
after school programming focused on youth development,including the
social, emotional, career, and academic needs of students. Programs
include successcoaching and advising, college and career programs,
social and wellness programs, leadershipdevelopment programs, and
student clubs. Recruit students and engage them in ASSETs programs.
- Family Engagement: Develop and deliver programming focused on
increasing family literacy andwellbeing. Engage parents and
guardians in ASSETs programs as appropriate. Meet 1-on-1
withparents and guardians and provide them with resources for
supporting youth's development,wellbeing, and success. Attend ELAC
parent meetings and relevant community partner events.
- Site Support: Support site specific needs including, but not
limited to: updating and maintainingcalendars for all after school
activities, summer programs, and PHS events as directed by the
SiteCoordinator. Collect and track attendance data for youth and
family programs. Log students'community service hours.
- School, Family, and Community Partnerships: Maintain
partnerships with school leadership,community partners, and other
key stakeholders through ongoing communication as appropriate.Under
the direction of Site Coordinator/s and Director of Youth Programs,
collaborate with175 Walnut Street -- Woodland, CA 95695 -- 24-hour
Crisis Line: 530.662.1133 -916.371.1907EmpowerYolo.orgstakeholders
to enhance after school programming. Assist with Empower
Yolo/ASSETs communityoutreach and refer families for services as
needed. Attend Empower Yolo, PHS staff/departmentmeetings as
necessary, or other meetings as assigned.
- Social Media and Other Publicity: Publicize ASSETs programs via
email, social media, and otherappropriate marketing means.
Highlight ASSETs Monthly Parent and Guardian Engagement
eventsregularly with students' parents and guardians.
- Other Projects as assigned by the Director of Youth
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Must have (1) at
least two years of study at aninstitution of higher education or
(2) an associate degree (or higher).
- At least two years of experience working directly with youth in
an educational setting ormentorship capacity.
- Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship
building with students and families
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Strong computer skills: Mac literate. Fluency in Microsoft
Office suite (including Excel, Outlook,PowerPoint and Word).
- Knowledge of social media for marketing purposes.
- Experience creating and conducting trainings and delivering
presentations for a variety ofaudiences.
- Successful completion of background clearance check.
- Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish strongly
preferred.Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge, understanding, and application of youth development
principles, including the SearchInstitute's 40 Developmental
- Ability to develop and deliver programs that support the
academic and lifelong success of youth
- Ability to interact effectively and seamlessly with youth and
- Excellent organization and planning skills (for internal and
- Basic understanding of culturally responsive practices and the
ability to work with diverse groupsin a multicultural setting.
- Ability to use a variety of media to create materials for
outreach, trainings, and presentations.
- Interest and experience in public speaking and writing for a
variety of audiences.
- Ability to prioritize and produce quality work consistently
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.AGENCY
DESCRIPTIONMission Statement:Empower Yolo's mission is to promote
safe, healthy, and resilient communities.Empower Yolo's purpose is
to provide:175 Walnut Street -- Woodland, CA 95695 -- 24-hour
Crisis Line: 530.662.1133 -916.371.1907EmpowerYolo.org(a)
Twenty-four hour crisis intervention, emergency shelter,
confidential counseling, training,legal assistance, and other
services for individuals and families persons affected by
domesticviolence, sexual assault, stalking, human trafficking, and
child abuse;(b) Resource centers for community services to improve
the health, social, educational andeconomic outcomes of Yolo County
residents; and(c) Community outreach and educational programs about
available resources to promote health,stability, and
self-sufficiency for individuals and families.All services are to
be provided in a manner that appreciates, enhances, and utilizes
the strengthsof Empower Yolo's clients and honors their cultural
practices and traditions.Application ProcessPlease submit a cover
letter, current resume, and three references to:Fabian
IglesiasEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication deadline: Open
until Wednesday December 16, 2020 at 12:00PM (PST)EMPOWER YOLO is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in regard
to race,age, cultural or religious background, disability, gender,
gender identity/expression, or sexualorientation. All qualified
candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.175 Walnut
Street -- Woodland, CA 95695 -- 24-hour Crisis Line: 530.662.1133
Keywords: Empower Yolo, Woodland , ASSETs Youth and Engagement Specialist, Other , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!