Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Operations ManagerPosition Type: ContractLocation: Woodland,
CAReports to: Assistant Plant ManagerStatus: Non-ExemptJob Summary:
PIC Group is seeking an Operations Manager for a 50MW biomass
facility located in Woodland, CA. The Operations Manager reports to
the Assistant Plant Manager and is responsible for coordinating and
performing all operational check-outs of plant equipment, and
carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws. In the absence of plant
management, the Operations Manager is responsible for direct
supervision of Control Room Operators, Operations Technicians, and
other shift employees during shift operations. The Operations
Manager supports the operations readiness of the generation
facility not limited to fuel systems, gas turbines, steam turbine
generator, auxiliary equipment, and other environmental controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of the power plant to
ensure the safe, cost effective, efficient, and environmentally
sound production of bulk electrical energy.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training and direction to
- Supervise Operations staff in all aspects including, but not
limited to, daily assignments, discipline, performance improvement,
hiring, and terminations.
- Complete and administer all required OSHA training in a timely
- Develop plant-specific production operating procedures.
- Supervise/manage and direct the overall plant production.
- Perform troubleshooting and documentation and assist in the
resolution of problems.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of all safety policies and
procedures with all employees including contractor personnel.
- Full operational knowledge of plant distributive control
- Possess skill set capable of assisting or filling in for
Control Room Operator or Technicians.
- Oversee daily chemistry testing.
- Ensure chemical levels are inventoried.
- Review logs and logbooks on a daily basis.
- Supervises compliance of all safety policies and procedures
with all employees including contractor personnel.
- Supervise plant emergency response.
- Supervise adherence to housekeeping standards.
- Ensure proper day to day staffing of the facility.Job
Requirements:The successful candidate should be able to:
- Read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures,
and instructions specific to the plant.
- Knowledge in Balance of Plant systems start-up, normal
operation, emergency, and shutdown of plant.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging
- Ability and knowledge to respond to plant abnormal situations,
alarms, and emergencies.
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose, and proper use of
the plant safety equipment.
- Experience aligning, switching, isolating, and paralleling
electrical equipment and systems.
- Excellent communication, leadership, teamwork, and presentation
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational
- The physical demands of the job, include bending, sitting,
lifting, and driving.
- Work environment is a generation plant where temperature can be
high, noise level is loud, inside or outside, and will need to be
aware of hazards and safety while on-site. Education / Experience:
- High school education or above.
- 7 years prior power/process plant experience in a supervisory
role.PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer
competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented
individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to
the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only
those applicants with the required experience and qualifications
will be contacted.
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, Woodland , Operations Manager, Executive , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!