Operations Manager (Yolobus)
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes
of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail,
paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200
transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and
airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our
mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of
life and combat global warming. Responsible for facility operations
including all operators assigned to the facility. Provides all
services safely and reliably.
The Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in the
day-to-day management, customer interface, safety and security,
maintenance, required reporting and compliance, as well as the
administrative management. The Operations manager is also
responsible for the supervision of the Operations Department and
also general staff duties. Thisposition reports directly to the
- Supervises day-to-day operations and administrative activities
by providing liaison between client and company.
- Facilitates problem solving between departments and resolve
- Coordinate the scheduling for both operators and supervisors in
the operations department.
- Interact with the union representing the employees with the
goal of positive interaction.
- Monitor operations and coordinate the delivery of service with
the General Manager.
- Ensure that service to the public remains on schedule and
- Develop budget figures for the Operations department.
- Assist in the development of schedules and driver
- Oversees coordination of all employee and vehicle
- Resolves operational problems, including passenger
- Responsible for fixed route and paratransit service
- Assures that all positions are fully filled with qualified
- Other duties as assigned
Salary range is $75,000.00 - $85,000.00
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED,
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License with Passenger
endorsement and Air brake endorsement required
- Must have at least one year's recent experience in supervising
and managing at least 25 employees in the transit field.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Thorough knowledge of basic laws, ordinances and regulations
underlying the transit operation
- Thorough knowledge of the methods of operation of the transit
system's staff and operational departments
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
and relevant database programs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong
attention to details
- Ability to work effectively with labor; may include labor
grievances and negotiations
Travel requirement (as a percent):
- Must be able to maintain a DOT medical card
- Must submit to & pass a to drug test as well as a criminal
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or
balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell. Occasionally
required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Up to 5% of the workday is spent outdoors monitoring service on
routes, transit facilities, and company locations.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- Remaining work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle
space equipped with a telephone and computer; time is spent
sitting, typing, or looking at a computer.
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
_EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations USA-CA-Woodland
Posted Date 19 hours ago (6/13/2022 2:35 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-22684
Position Category Management & Above
Internal Code #TNA
Internal Reference 735
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Keywords: Transdev, Woodland , Operations Manager (Yolobus), Executive , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!