Vice President of Web & Smart TV
Company: RLJ Entertainment
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Overview of Role
The VP, Web & Smart TV Engineering will be a senior leader in the
Digital Platforms group and will oversee the development and
support of all websites and Smart TV apps that constitute AMC
Networks' Digital portfolio. This includes all websites that allow
for content streaming, Tizen, LG, Vizio, X1 Xfinity, etc. The
portfolio comprises of websites/apps for the following
brands/channels (AMC+, Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now, Allblk,
AMC, BBCA, WEtv).
The ideal candidate is a strong leader capable of collaborating
with members of the Digital Development team, the Digital Product
team, and key business stakeholders. This individual will play a
key role in the continuous improvement and management of all
digital programs. The ideal candidate is a strong leader capable of
challenging and partnering with organizational senior leadership.
Proven experience with large critical programs with multiple
project dependencies, as well as the ability to successfully launch
new products and product features across various platforms. The
individual must possess strong people leadership as well as
technical leadership qualities.
- Lead a team that is responsible for the development and support
of custom applications on the following platforms: web, Tizen, LG,
Vizio, X1 Xfinity.
- Establish common development tools, and
- Lead a team on in-house and offshore developers
- Ensure delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible for the quality of the product produced by the
- Establish common application architecture patterns, coding
standards and documentation standards.
- Partner with the Technical Project/Delivery Manager and the
Product Manager to prioritize, define and size new service
- Perform technical review of how new features will be
implemented by team members to ensure they are consistent with the
overall service architecture and app frameworks. Ensure that new
features are integrated correctly into Continuous Integration
- Lead POC's to determine viability of new 3rd party integrations
- define success criteria
- Review defects with QA, and lead investigation on hard to solve
- Mentor the team on how to troubleshoot / debug code to resolve
- Keep current on the latest technologies available in the world
of streaming platform development.
- 7+ years managing a medium to large size team of
- 10+ years' experience with web application development.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the development of Smart TV
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience working with online collaboration tools such as
Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA etc)
- Experience with setting up and managing continuous integration
environment using GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins, Circle CI, etc.
- Experience with Isomorphic web applications developed on
ReactJS using variety of API systems
- Experience with Hydration and Async Development
- Experience with Deployment of Componentized Architecture
- Experience with Design Language System and implementation
- Experience working with a Microservice architecture
- Experience working with and deploying to AWS
- Experience with Drupal, WordPress, PhP
- Experience with developing video services on embedded device
platforms/ 3rd party SDK's
- Experience managing the development of video streaming and
subscription management apps with IAP
- Experience with 3rd party store integration
- Entertainment experience strongly preferred
- Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree or
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills
- Must be able to manage up and down
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its
employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for
all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age,
marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status
as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault,
sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: RLJ Entertainment, Woodland , Vice President of Web & Smart TV, Executive , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!