Company: Morrison & Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
A food processor in the Sacramento Valley is seeking a Senior
Controller. This position is responsible for fiscal operating
results utilizing generally accepted accounting principles such as
cost accounting, budgets, regulatory, and financial reports. The
Senior Controller plans, directs, and coordinates all activities
relating to accounting, fiscal reporting, debt and cash management,
business licensing administration, risk management, and purchasing
and is responsible for managing office staff. Responsibilities
- Direct and assist the company in attaining established
financial goals. Monitor the overall financial health using
- Maintain accurate period end closing forms and prepare
financial statements in a timely manner.
- Direct general and cost accounting, budgetary controls, and
data processing functions using established policies and
- Check expenditure requests against approved budgets.
- Ensure effective accounting, financial forecasting, analysis,
financial systems, cash flow, and compliance.
- Develop policies and supervise the control of cash, accounts
receivable credits and collections, and accounts payable.
- Obtain, analyze, and consolidate required accounting
information; prepare reports, statements and financial
- Develop, execute, and communicate overall financial strategies
to all stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of the management team and assist with the
development of the company's strategic plan and policies.
- Execute all major financial transactions.
- Provide recommendations to senior management concerning major
financial decisions and carry out the financial policy decisions
made by senior management.
- Manage the design and maintenance of the management information
systems and procedures.
- Comply with all required reporting requirements to governmental
agencies; adhere to tax laws and regulatory compliance to properly
reflect the financial position of the company.
- Prepare, present, and interpret financial reports to senior
management; counsel--senior management on fiscal control and
- Develop and execute growth/investment strategies for
organization as well as tax management for owners.
- Prepare accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial
- Direct and participate in management studies, and report on
complex financial analysis and organizational and administrative
- Make presentations to stakeholders and/or customers as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related
- Ten years accounting experience as well as a minimum of three
to five years financial experience in food processing or
- Excel proficiency.--Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- A willingness to provide hands on leadership in the accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with
external and internal customers. Compensation:
This position offers a competitive salary depending on
qualifications and experience. In addition, compensation includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off All offers of
employment contingent on a background check. EOE. Please note that
Morrison does not recruit from client personnel ( click here for
details ). Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance,
or other related business degree?* How many years of accounting
experience do you have?* How many years of financial experience in
food processing or manufacturing do you have?* Do you have
experience with QuickBooks?*
Keywords: Morrison & Company, Woodland , Senior Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Woodland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!